Friday, June 15, 2007

Graduation Day!








Yay for Graduation Day! Yes, I made it! No more class, no more homework. I now have my college degree, and I am a mom, and I looked good on grad day! I don't know about my hair, though-- oh well. Four long years are over. The North Carolina School of the Arts graduations are unique. There are no cap and gowns, and the sight of large beach balls and silly string flying through the graduating class, on stage are common. It's not boring, that's for sure. Who likes boring graduations anyway?










The composer Danny Elfman was the key speaker and honorary degree receipent. He was an awesome speaker, very inspirational. His message included: life is a journey, and all your experinces are valuable. That's the truth. I wouldn't be who I am today without all of my life experiences that led up to this moment, and I like who I am today.









It was great to have my parents and my sisters there. My parents enabled me to attend school and supported me throughout my experience. It was also great to see some of my best buddies there-- the punks who graduated last year.










I wouldn't have been able to finish my last year without the love and support of Brendan (and lil' Bean, too).








I AM DONE! Boy does it feel nice.



No comments: