Thursday, January 8, 2009

Merry Christmas to All!


Merry Christmas! We had a lovely Christmas, starting bright and early-- close to 6 AM.




















We spent Christmas Eve with our friends Monica and Iker and some of their family, for a holiday feast. Garrett loved having the attention of two Grandma types-- Monica's mom and Iker's mom were both in town from NC and Turkey. I made sweet potatoes and we all watched a holiday movie.














My friend Casey spent the night, helping me wrap Garrett's presents. Garrett woke up early and happy. It took him a few minutes to realize the presents under the tree, but when he did, his face lit up. He exclaimed, "Presents!". He had a blast unwrapping all his gifts. Garrett would say, "Uhh" and "Wow".













Afterwards, my friend Gilana stopped by to play and chill. Later my father-in-law, Peter and his girlfriend, Dolores stopped by for dinner. Casey and I made a delicious holiday feast--if I do say so myself.
















It was a great Christmas! I will post video from Christmas morning very soon.









3 comments:

St. J Family said...

Looks like a nice day for all!

Unknown said...

tincanGarret is a really stand up guy. He is extremely strong and agile. He plays in the park as much as he can.He works especially hard on the monkey bars and the slide. All the Mothers in Sunset Park are crazy over Garrett. He can make the Mexican Mothers squeal when he flirts with them. All the others want their daughters to play with him. He has two serious girl friends. "CC" and "Gemma" are his favorites. They live next door. CC's Daddy is a professional Sax player and Gemma's Dad is a trumpet player.Gemma's Dad is from Millbrook, NY and knows the Woodwards.

Unknown said...

...."tincan"... does not go with the name Garrett. It is a computer error that goes with a computer password. Please excuse the error.
The correct sentence should read,
"Garrett is a really stand up guy."
By that I mean that I am really confident in the city with him. He observes cars and traffic. He is very cheerful and friendly with neighbors and people he is familiar with. I don't worry about him talking to strangers.He is centered and knows his relationships to others perfectly.
He has a real sense of self.