Sunday, September 28, 2008

Howdy from NYC


Wow; it's been a long time since I posted new pics. This summer has been crazy! We moved to Brooklyn in stages and said long and hard goodbye to Brendan. Brendan spent the summer preparing to deploy in NC, New Jersey, and Mississippi. This past week he flew to Kuwait and will continue on to Iraq in a week or two. After he makes it to Iraq, he'll be sending me his contact info. We miss him very much, already. Send your prayers and love his way :).




































Garrett and I are settling in nicely. We live in Sunset Park, Brooklyn, a nice and very family oriented neighborhood. We live across the street from Sunset Park, itself. It's a big, pretty park, and has a beautiful view of Manhantan. Our apartment is the top floor of a limestone townhouse. I'll post some pics soon. Our block is very friendly and diverse. There are lots of kids Garrett's age on the street. I just joined the local parents group. I have friends very close by, and they've been lots of help. We stayed with my friends, Casey, Mary and Micheal while we apartment hunted. There help has been invaluable.
















I have so many pics from this summer. Some of the most recent pics of Brendan are on his camera, and he's going to send them to me. So, I'll post those later. On are way to New York, we stayed with Brendan's Aunt Debbie, at her beautiful home in Maryland. Garrett was thrilled at to see the dogs and horses. Garrett loved the tractor ride!


Lots more pics to be posted in the coming days.

No comments: