
We love our new dishwasher! The generous wedding gifts we received made it possible for us to get our new, beloved dishwasher :).


Garrett is becoming quite a handful. He's cruising and crawling all over the place. He's now more confident taking steps (holding on to furniture) and lowering himself to the ground. Brendan sometimes calls him the all-terrain baby. He keeps us on our toes.

We recently got Garrett a big boy chair-- a front facing car
seat. He loves it. It's so cute when he puts his arms on the armrests, like he's just chillin'. He seems small again, in the car seat.
Over the last month, Garrett has gained a real love for
books and storytime. I'm really tickled by how happy and excited he gets, when you sit down to read him a book. He's learning to turn the pages. He has a somewhat limited attention span, understandably, but you can really see his wheels turning when you read to him. I wouldn't be surprised if one day, out of the blue, he will say a whole sentence.
Garrett's new favorite thing to do is point. His points have many meanings: I like it; what's that; I want it; hello; I see you; etc.
We been on a couple hikes recently, Hanging Rock and
Pilot Mountain lowers.
Garrett enjoys riding in his backpack and seeing new things. We switch off, but Brendan does the majority of carrying. It's a workout!

2 comments:
Great Monthly update of the Stephens' clan of North Carolina.
What a difference a month makes.
I was starting to get anxious to see more Garrett pictures. I even phoned Brendan earlier today. These photo's answered the question I had earlier for Brendan.
These updates are important to me. Seeing them pumps me up. You GO Garrett. HAPPY 1ST BIRTHDAY!
Garrett is sooo cute--I just want to squeeze those cheeks.
I cna't wait to see him at the end of August (hint hint)
Love you all
nicole
p.s. happy happy birthday!
Post a Comment